The moving crew
One thing I love about my church (LDS) is their focus on service. Many acts of service are done but one thing that is common for members of the Church to do is to help with a family as they move. In CT we had about 10 men help us move our furniture on the truck and 4 women helped me clean the house. When we knew we were moving to Nashville, I contacted the church there to let them know when we would be arriving and requested some help with our move. The person I spoke with assured me that there would be people there to help and not to worry. The picture above is the 16 guys who helped us unload our truck. They were able to unload the 26 foot truck in about 30 minutes. None of these guys had ever met us before but they were there and happy to help. Two women were also there to watch our 4 kids while I helped direct the boxes. Afterwards we all ate the sandwiches and donuts that the ladies brought. How nice it was not to have to worry about dinner! Not one person was paid for their hard work and they would not have accepted money even if you offered it to them. They gave of their time freely and the work was hard. How many times have you seen smiles on people moving a heavy dresser up a flight of stairs? What an awesome group of people! I am so grateful to be part of such a great organization.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home