Mayupustard
Mayupustard? What is that? Well, 'mayupustard' is the new thing at our house! Brianna is totally in that stage where she has all of these ideas and she thinks that they will totally rock the world. Everytime we tell her to do something, she suggests something else; when I am cooking, she is quick to suggest a new ingredient that will make it perfect; instead of following directions on some things, she will try and do it a different way. All of this is totally age appropriate and can be a little (and sometimes a lot) frustrating for me. I know I need to sit back a little bit and let her figure this all out while, especially on relatively unimportant things.
So how does 'mayupustard' relate to all of this? Well this is Bri's culinary invention that will make everything taste better. If you haven't figured it out, this delicious sauce is made from mayo, ketchup and mustard. We all got to try it out on our tater tots for the 'first time' last night (while Arick was chanting, "Hey, give me your tater tots" ha!) and it was pretty delicious. I know most of you are thinking that her recipe is nothing new (fry sauce, anyone?) and I could squash her innocent excitement rather well, but would I damage her in some way? What if someday this girl invents the next best thing and gives a speech saying how it all began with 'mayupustard'? So I keep mum, laughing loud inside my head, and I enjoy her delightful culinary concoction with a smile. I have a feeling 'mayupustard' will become a family dinner tradition and the term will be used for many years to come. And thank you in advance for listening attentively while she talks about it and for being willing tastetesters if she ever asks you to try it.
So how does 'mayupustard' relate to all of this? Well this is Bri's culinary invention that will make everything taste better. If you haven't figured it out, this delicious sauce is made from mayo, ketchup and mustard. We all got to try it out on our tater tots for the 'first time' last night (while Arick was chanting, "Hey, give me your tater tots" ha!) and it was pretty delicious. I know most of you are thinking that her recipe is nothing new (fry sauce, anyone?) and I could squash her innocent excitement rather well, but would I damage her in some way? What if someday this girl invents the next best thing and gives a speech saying how it all began with 'mayupustard'? So I keep mum, laughing loud inside my head, and I enjoy her delightful culinary concoction with a smile. I have a feeling 'mayupustard' will become a family dinner tradition and the term will be used for many years to come. And thank you in advance for listening attentively while she talks about it and for being willing tastetesters if she ever asks you to try it.



3 Comments:
LOL We've never had a name for it but it's a staple here too :)
Too cute!
Try adding a little honey too! ...at least that's the version we tried as kids.
I just made mayupustard, and it is awesome. I normally just have mayup. My lunch (fries and chicken nuggets) is getting cold because I had to come post! Tell Brianna she's a genious! :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home