Delight in Everything

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Becoming a woman

Sorry that this post is so late. I have been trying to figure out how to add video to my site and I just couldn't get it done. Maybe next week? So now to our regularly scheduled blogcasting.

Brianna came to me on Thursday night and said, "Mom I think I am becoming a woman." You can imagine the thoughts that went through my mind and the look of surprise on my face. I asked Brianna what she meant and she said, "Everytime I hear the recording of Neil Armstrong saying "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" I want to cry." After a huge sigh of relief, I started laughing hysterically. Such innocence (oh how I love this girl)! Part of me wants to take offense because Brianna thinks that crying is the thing that makes a girl a woman??!!! Where did she get that? Of course, Andrew thinks she is wise beyond her years . . . and that I know I should take offense to, smartie pants.

(By the way she does get tears in her eyes when she hears those words, evidence is forthcoming in the video I mentioned earlier.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home