Delight in Everything

Monday, May 28, 2007

Pilgrimage to Mecca



A blog from Andrew . . . who can't believe he's actually "blogging". Seriously, who does that?

*******

For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with Corvettes. There's something about a well-polished Stingray that brings a sense of awe and wonder. It's an amazing piece of art . . . that goes from 0 to 60 much faster than a human should probably go.

As most of you know, since moving to the Nashville area, I've been working in our company's Louisville, KY office. (This past week was my first week in our new building here in Nashville.) Traveling from Nashville to Louisville takes you by the birthplace of many noble Corvettes, Bowling Green, KY. The GM production plant is right across the street from The National Corvette Museum. Because of my working hours, I haven't been able to stop at the museum. It was painful for me to pass that place 10 times without being able to stop.

After we visited Mammoth Cave, we were able to visit the museum. After Amy pulled me up off the ground and told me to stop kissing the pavement, she took the picture above.



Once inside, we were treated to a veritable cornucopia of cool Corvette memorabilia and donated cars. I was like a kid in a candy shop . . . until one of the museum guides told me to stop drooling on the cars. The car above is a specially designed 1974 . . . just like me. I felt a connection.



This beautiful lineup of new 2007 'vettes is called the Corvette Nursery. Lucky Corvette owners from all over the country ordered their Corvette and will fly in to get a VIP tour of the factory and the museum, and will undoubtedly leave with a big smile on their face as they head home in their new baby. I kept trying to remember Exodus 20:17 but I didn't have much luck with it.


One of the highlights of the trip came as we exited the parking lot. On the back of the entrance signs, they have little printed signs that say "No burnouts, Please". As you can tell from the picture above, that just encouraged some naughty/nice behavior and they'll soon have to repave . . . again. I tried to burnout . . . but my MINIVAN, complete with a Minnie-Mouse antenna cap, just didn't cut the mustard. I was so ashamed.

Aloha!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home